SHEQ Manager Job Profile
Controlled Environments Company (CEC) is a single source supplier and solutions provider to customers operating in critically clean and controlled environments. We are looking for an SHEQ Manager to manage and drive improvements in our Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality (SHEQ) management systems.
- Help drive the culture across both sites in accordance with quality, environmental, health & safety policies, guidelines and processes.
- Maintain existing EHS management systems, improving where required and roll out of same across multiple sites.
- Ensure correct safety processes & procedures are in place and are being followed by all, with ability to create and implement new procedures where necessary.
- Ensure all required records are being generated and saved accordingly.
- Identify areas of risk, assess, and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Investigate accidents/incidents & track actions to closure.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues on EHS and Quality matters.
- Carry out regular safety walks/inspections/audits to measure EHS compliance with site procedures and legal requirements.
- Manage customer and internal audits across all sites including management reviews.
- Manage internal activities programme with corrective and preventive actions recorded and educated to relevant departments.
- Assist with investigation of quality problems, identification of causes and development of cost-effective corrective and preventative actions in order to ensure the integrity of quality management within the business.
- Manage good save program ensuring quality of saves raised and subsequent closure and roll out of same across all sites.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Support the Management team in driving safety & quality using continuous improvement methods.
- Provision of training to new hires and existing staff on SHEQ related topics
- Other projects and responsibilities as defined.
Skills and Experience
- 3rd level qualification in EHS required
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role desired
- Quality Management systems experience/qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Driven individual with ability to work on own initiative
- Good communicator, with strong people skills required
- Experience in working within a regulated environment
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisation and administration skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to engage others and implement new processes and procedures where required
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and ERP systems
- Strong team player with collaborative approach toward achievement of goals and tasks
- Certification to provide Manual Handling training and Ergonomics assessment is desirable.
- Must be highly proficient in use of IT systems, with experience using technology to manage and streamline SHEQ functions
- Full Irish drivers’ licence